Looooong waited DOTM LEADER CLASS IRONHIDE MK III (MK III from now on) work has begun.
Ironhide MK I WIP can be seen here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/448644-project-dotm-leader-class-ironhide-zebu-wip.html
Background stories and more photos of Ironhide MK II can be seen here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/458570-project-dotm-leader-class-ironhide-mk-ii-zebu.html
MK III will be my final rendition of Ironhide Character from the "Transformers" movie series.
MK III is basically the version of movie Ironhide with all possible upgrade notes made during MK I and MK II projects.
- This WILL be a 'TRANSFORMABLE' figure. While 'transformable' transformer sounds obvious, some of the most awesome custom transformers out there are not transformable. This is just a personal preference. I like mine to be transformable.
- Articulated hands. Continuing the tradition of MK I and MK II, MK III will have fully articulated hands.
- The Arm kibbles. Same as MK I and MK II, the arm kibbles will be repositioned to back of the figure in robot mode.
- Foot mod. After nearly a month of bench tests, MK III will finally have 'transformable' side toes.
- Weapons. First, MK III indeed will be a "weapons specialist" of Autobots. He will have massive amount of fire power (Almost an overkill amount). Second, all weapons will be held together in both robot and alt mode… no lose parts.
- LEDs. LED replacement for the head (from stock green to blue) and LED additions to headlights (chest light), bumper grills, and weapons.
- Smart integration of MechTech Ports. I like the idea of MechTech ports but I don't like the how they just have holes all over the figure. Perhaps there is smart way to address this?
- Paint. The paint job will mainly focus on the playability. I certainly do like the hyper detail super shiny (and super sensitive) paint work for the display. However, MK III will be created with 'everyday play' in mind. This means not only the paint job will be durable, but also very efficient so that no unnecessary paints in the area to rub off during transformation and/or normal play.
- Any else is a go!!
Stay tuned~ update 1 is coming soon.